This privacy notice clarifies the nature, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data on our website. Personal data is defined as any information that refers to you personally (e.g., your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior).
Provider and body held accountable in terms of the Data Protection Act:
Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft Köln Consult GmbH
Phone: +49 (0)221 4 98 17 58
You can reach our data protection officer at:
Herr Sebastian Feik
51429 Bergisch Gladbach
Phone: +49 2202 28 941-0
When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, we store the information you have provided such as your e-mail address, name and telephone number (where applicable) in order to be able to respond to your queries. Once this information is no longer required for these purposes, we either delete this information or, in cases where we are legally obliged to store such information, we restrict its processing.
Your rights regarding the personal data that we collect:
- The right to be informed
- The right to rectification or erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities regarding our organization’s processing of your personal data.
Personal data collected by visiting our website
(1) If you visit our website simply to call up information, that is, if you do not register or provide us with other information, we collect only the personal data that your browser delivers to our server. If you wish to look at our website, we collect the following data needed for technical purposes in order to display our content online and ensure the stability and security of our website (see Art. 6 Para.1, Sect.1 (f) of GDPR):
- IP Address – time-stamp of access request (date and time)
- Time zone difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Web pages/file names called up
- Access status/http status Code
- Volume of data transferred
- Website from which request for access originates
- Browser, operating system and its Interface
- Browser software language and version
(2) In addition to the collection of the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your terminal device when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser in a specific location on your hard drive and allow specific data to be exchanged with our website. Cookies cannot run a program or transmit a virus to your device. Cookies are designed to allow for a more user-friendly experience with our internet offerings and improve efficiency.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies (their respective scope and function is described below):
- Session cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically erased when you close your browser. Session cookies are a type of transient cookie. They store a so-called session ID that allows your browser to recognize various requests to your browser as part of the same session. This allows your device to recognize our website as such when you revisit it. Session cookies are erased when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically erased once their expiration date arrives, which can vary, depending on the cookie. You can erase these cookies at any time through your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings individually and block the use of all or just third-party cookies. Please note that you may not be able to enjoy functions on our website if you reject cookies.
Additional features and services of our website
(1) In addition to the information offered on this website, we offer various services that you can use, if interested. This usually requires that you provide additional personal data that is needed in order to provide the service and for which the aforementioned principles regarding data processing apply.
(2) We draw in part on external service providers in processing your data. We carefully select and commission these vendors to carry out this service; they are obliged to follow our instructions and are subject to regular review.
(3) In addition, we may disclose your personal data to third parties in cases where we partner with other organizations in providing special offers, prizes, closing contracts or other similar services. More specific details are provided when asked to provide your personal data or below in the description of offerings.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences thereof in the description of Services.
Objection to or revocation of consent to processing of your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. A withdrawal of consent, once you have communicated to us, will affect the degree to which we are permitted to process your personal data.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is especially the case if the processing is not necessary for the completion of an agreement with you, as delineated in the description of functions that follows. Should you object, we will ask you to provide reasons why we should discontinue processing your personal data as we have previously done. If your objection is reasonable, we will examine the circumstances and either discontinue or adjust the data processing, or indicate to you our compelling and legitimate grounds for continuing with the processing.
(3) You can of course at any time object to any processing of your personal data that is carried out for the purposes of advertising and data analysis. To contact us regarding your advertising-related objection, you can reach us at the following address: info( at )iwconsult.de.
Use of Piwik (Matomo)
(1) This website uses the Piwik web-analytics service in order to analyze the use of our website and enable regular improvements. The statistics obtained in this way enable us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Piwik is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (f) of the GDPR.
(2) In order to carry out this analysis, cookies (for details, see Section 3) are stored on your computer. We store the information collected in this way exclusively on our server in Germany. You can discontinue the analysis by deleting any existing cookies and preventing other cookies from being stored. If you prevent cookies from being stored, you may not be able to use all features of this website in their entirety. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by using the setting provided for this purpose in your browser.
(3) This website uses Piwik with the “AnonymizeIP” extension. Through the use of this tool, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, thus making it impossible to associate them directly with a specific person. The IP address transmitted by Piwik from your browser is not combined with any other data collected by us.
(4) The Piwik program is an open-source project. You can find information on this third-party provider’s data-privacy information at piwik.org/privacy/policy.
Use of social-media plugins
(1) We currently employ the following social-media plugins: Facebook, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn.
In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to statements by each provider in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately upon being collected. Thus, upon activation of the plugin, personal data will be transmitted from you to the plug-in provider and stored there (in the United States, in the case of U.S.-based companies). Because the plug-in provider collects data using cookies, we recommend that you use your browser’s security settings to delete all cookies before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) We have no influence over the data collected or the way in which this data is processed. We are not aware of the full scope of data collection, the objectives of the processing, or the period of data retention. We additionally have no information regarding the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in Provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you in the form of a user profile, and uses this for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the on-demand configuration of its website. Such use takes place (even for users who are not logged in) particularly for the presentation of targeted advertising, and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; however, to exercise this right, you must contact the specific individual plug-in provider. We use these plugins to offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and with other users, so that we can improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plugins is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (f) of the GDPR.
(4) The transmission of data takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, the data collected while you are on our website will be directly associated with your account with the plugin provider. If you click the activated button and use it to post a link to our site, for example, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account, and publicly share it with your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log out after using a social network, especially before activating the button; this will enable you to avoid associating this activity with your profile at the plug-in Provider.
(5) You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of the plug-in provider’s data collection and processing in each individual provider’s data-privacy policies, as specified below. These policies will also provide you with further information on your rights and on configuration options enabling you to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses for the plug-in providers, along with URLs for their data-privacy notices, are as following:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States; www.facebook.com/policy.php; For more information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other sowie www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info. Facebook is subject to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; twitter.com/privacy. Twitter Facebook is subject to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
f) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn is subject to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We use embedded YouTube videos in our online service. These are stored at www.YouTube.com, and can be played directly from our web site. These are all embedded using “privacy-enhanced mode”; this means that no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the video. The data specified in Par. 2 will be transmitted only once you play the video. We have no influence over this data Transmission.
(2) When you visit our website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the specific individual page on our site. In addition, the data specified in Section 3 of this statement will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you have a YouTube account and are logged into it, and even if no such user account exists. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want this association with your YouTube profile to take place, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile, and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the on-demand configuration of its web site. This use takes place (even for users who are not logged in) particularly for the presentation of targeted advertising, and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the establishment of this user profile. However, to exercise this right, you must contact YouTube.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use services provided by Google Maps on this web site. This allows us to display interactive maps for you directly on the web site and facilitate your convenient use of the map function.
(2) When you visit our web site, Google receives the information that you have accessed the specific individual page of our web site. In addition, the data specified in Section 3 of this statement will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you have a Google account and are logged into it, and even if no such user account exists. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want this association with your Google profile to take place, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile, and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or on-demand configuration of its web site. Such use takes place (even for users who are not logged in) particularly for the presentation of targeted advertising, and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the establishment of this user profile. However, to exercise this right, you must contact Google.
(3) You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of the plug-in provider’s data collection and processing by consulting the provider’s data-privacy policies. That policy will also provide you with additional information on your rights and on configuration options enabling you to protect your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the United States, and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework